Transformer Turns Ratio Tester | CT PT is designed to perform transformer ratio and polarity tests of single-phase and three-phase transformers.
It automatically measures the three-phase and single-phase transformer ratios and calculates the rate error.
– Suitable for Y / y, Y / d, D / y, D / d, ZN / y, ZN / d type transformers.
– The on-load tap-changer on the transformer automatically recognizes the position and can indicate the step point.
– It can be display the primary and secondary voltage oscillations and phase relation of transformer. Measures the primary and secondary harmonic voltages of the transformer to facilitate the analysis of transformer failure.
– Can perform CT, PT ratio test and polarity test.
– It has an excellent and reliable automatic protection to ensure trouble-free operation of the tester even under abnormal conditions.
– Small size and light weight. Fast and accurate measurement (completes the test in about 3 seconds).
– Stores all test results. It has 128M memory, which can be used to export data from USB or to install on a computer. This memory can be expanded to 4G.
– Easy to use with a 5-inch colour touch screen.
– It has calendar and clock function.
– With the thermal printer, the results can be output instantly.
Transformer Turns Ratio Tester | CT PT Technical Parameters:
- Ratio Range: 0.8-20000 (optional up to 50000)
- Ratio Accuracy: 0.1% (0.8-1000), 0.2% (1001-5000), 0.5% (5001-20000)
- Input Voltage: AC 24 V
- Output Voltage: 12V-24V-40V-80V-160V Optional
- Supply Voltage: AC 220 V ± 15% (Optional built-in lithium battery DC9.0V-12.6V, with a nominal capacity of 2600mAH, the battery can work continuously for about 4 hours.)
- Operating Temperature: -10 ℃ -40℃
- Humidity: 10% – 85% RH
What is Polarity?
Polarity means the direction of the voltages induced in the primary and secondary windings of the transformer. If two transformers are connected in parallel, the polarity must be known for correct connection of the transformer.
What is Transformer Polarity?
The polarity of the transformer depends on whether the coils are wound clockwise or counterclockwise around the core and how the wires are connected. Usually polarity markings are indicated using symbols such as periods or plus-minus signs on the transformer and nameplate. The polarity test is to confirm the primary and secondary polarity mark and match the drawing. It is done to perform the protection and measurement function correctly and to give an idea about how to connect the devices. If the meter shows negative value when the button is pressed, it is reverse polarity. So the connection is reversed. If the measuring instrument deviates in the + direction when the primary and secondary terminals are swapped and the button is pressed again, the connection is made correctly and has the correct polarity.
What is Transformer Turning Ratio Tester?
Transformer Turning Ratio Tester CT PT is designed to measure the transformer turning ratio of three-phase or single-phase power transformers. Turning ratio changes are seen between the windings in the transformer over time. These differences in the conversion ratio may cause under or over billing of the measurement transformers.
Why Is It Important That The Turning Ratio Does Not Change?
The change in the conversion ratio over time will ensure that the output voltage from the secondary of the transformer is not at the desired value. Different from the values that will be reflected to the output outside the current/voltage values designed in production, a voltage/current value that is less than required or a voltage/current value more than required may cause insulation problems in systems, unbalanced loads, sudden trips in switchgear elements and fires.