Transformer Oil Breakdown Tester is designed to test the resistance of transformer oils that can easily oxidize, lose their dielectric property with moisture and disappear with the effect of extreme temperatures.
The oil in the electric appliance has both insulation and cooling function. The most important feature of oil as insulation liquid is high dielectric strength; low viscosity as coolant. Insulation oil can easily be oxidized and its dielectric property decreases with moisture, excessive temperature causes loss of oil properties. The transformer oil must be tested periodically. With this device, oil breakdown tests can be performed automatically. The oil sample to be tested is placed in the oil container of the device after the procedures specified in the standards. The device is operated by setting test parameters such as holding and mixing times. Automatic test results can be taken from a thermal paper printer.
Transformer Oil Breakdown Tester Features:
- It automatically performs the breakdown test of the oil circulation in the range of 0 to 80kV (including maintenance, mixing, stopping, calculation, printing and other operations).
- Large displayed LCD screen.
- Simple operation. The device automatically completes the voltage strength test on a cup oil sample after the operator adjusts it simply. Breakdown voltage values from 1 to 9 and repeated times are automatically recorded. After the test, the thermal printer prints each breakdown voltage value and the average value.
- Data is not lost when power is cut off. It can record 100 test results and show the current ambient temperature and humidity.
- The voltage is increased at an equal speed. The voltage is constant and stable at 50 Hz.
- It is equipped with overvoltage, overcurrent and limit protection.
- System clock is available.
- Standard RS232 interface.
|Output voltage||0 – 80 kV(AC)||0 – 100 kV(AC)|
|Voltage Distortion Rate||<3%|
|Voltage Increase Rate||0.5 – 5 kV / s (Adjustable)||2 – 3.5 kV / s (Adjustable)|
|Duration time||15 min / Adjustable|
|Increasing Range||5 min / Adjustable|
|Increasing Frequency||1-9 times (Adjustable)||1-6 times (Adjustable)|
|Increasing Capacity||1.5 kVA|
|Supply voltage||AC220V ±% 10|
|Operating temperature||0 ºC～45 ºC|
What is Transformer Oil?
Transformer oil or insulating oil is an oil that is stable at high temperatures and has excellent electrical insulation properties.
What is Transformer Oil Tester?
Transformer oil tester is a device that measures one or more of its parameters to determine the current condition of an oil.
Why is Transformer Oil Test Necessary?
Transformer oil testing consists of measuring the breakdown voltage and other physical and chemical properties of oil samples using portable test equipment in a laboratory or in the field. Transformer oil, a type of insulating and cooling oil used in transformers and other electrical equipment, needs to be tested periodically to ensure it is fit for purpose. This is because it tends to degrade over time. Test sequences and procedures are defined by various international standards. Transformer oil (insulating oil) of voltage transformers and current transformers fulfills the purpose of insulating as well as cooling. Therefore, the dielectric quality of the transformer oil is essential to assure the operation of a transformer. Since transformer oil deteriorates due to aging and moisture ingress, transformer oil should be tested periodically depending on economic, transformer duty and other factors. Through testing, the life of transformers can be increased significantly, delaying the new investment of new transformer assets.
What are the International Transformer Oil Test Standards?
- TS 3989 EN 60156
- NF EN60156
- PA SEV EN60156
- SABS EN60156
- UNE EN60156