A mark is made on the cord while it is subjected to the pull force shown in Table 12, at a distance of approximately 20 mm from the cord anchorage or other suitable point.
The cord is then pulled, without jerking, for 1 s in the most unfavourable direction with the force specified. The test is carried out 25 times.
The cord, unless on an automatic cord reel, is then subjected to a torque that is applied as close as possible to the appliance. The torque is specified in Table 12 and is applied for 1 min.
During the tests, the cord shall not be damaged and shall show no appreciable strain at the terminals. The pull force is reapplied and the cord shall not be longitudinally displaced by more than 2 mm.
- Supply: AC 220 – 240 V 50 – 60 Hz;
- Pull Weight: 20 N x 2, 2 x 30 N;
- Torque Values: 2 N x 1, 5 N x 1, 7 N x 1 (0.1 Nm, 0.25 Nm, 0.35 Nm);
- Number of pulling: 0 ~ 9999 (Adjustable);
- Pull frequency: 1 time / s
- Torque time: 0.01 s ～ 99 h
Table 12 – Pull force and torque
|Mass of appliance
|> 1 ve ≤ 4||60||0.25|