The device consists of metallic enclosure and ignition source.
Note: The metallic enclosure and ignition source should be used in a suitable cell, which is not exposed to air flows during the test, but which has devices for the disposal of toxic gases from combustion.
The characteristics of the supply source, burner and verification device comply with TS EN 60695-11-2.
- The ignition source is supplied by technical propane with purity greater than 95%.
- The characteristics of the burner are in accordance with IEC 60695-11-2, Annex A, Figure A1 to A.5.
- Flowmeters for measuring gas and air flow rate comply with IEC 60695-11-2 Clause 4.2.2.
Note: These volume flow rates correspond to mass flow rates of 1,184 g/min ± 0,018 g/min for propane gas (density at 23 °C and 0,1 MPa = 1,821 g/dm3), and 11,64 g/min ± 0,35 g/min for air (density at 23 °C and 0,1 MPa= 1,1764 g/dm3).
- Flame verification device;
– Copper block: A copper block 9 mm in diameter, with a mass of 10,00 g ± 0,05 g in the fully machined but undrilled state, as described in Figure A.7, is being made from electrolytic tough pitch copper
Cu-ETP USN C11000 .
– Thermocouple: A mineral-insulated, metal-sheathed fine-wire thermocouple with an insulated junction, is being used for measuring the temperature of the copper block.