The device consists of metallic enclosure and ignition source.
Note: The metallic enclosure and ignition source should be used in a suitable cell, which is not exposed to air flows during the test, but which has devices for the disposal of toxic gases from combustion.
The characteristics of the supply source, burner and verification device comply with TS EN 60695-11-2.
- The ignition source is supplied by technical propane with purity greater than 95%.
- The characteristics of the burner are in accordance with IEC 60695-11-2, Annex A, Figure A1 to A.5.
- Flowmeters for measuring gas and air flow rate comply with IEC 60695-11-2 Clause 4.2.2.
Note: These volume flow rates correspond to mass flow rates of 1,184 g/min ± 0,018 g/min for propane gas (density at 23 °C and 0,1 MPa = 1,821 g/dm3), and 11,64 g/min ± 0,35 g/min for air (density at 23 °C and 0,1 MPa= 1,1764 g/dm3).
- Flame verification device
– Copper block: A copper block 9 mm in diameter, with a mass of 10,00 g ± 0,05 g in the fully machined but undrilled state, as described in Figure A.7, is being made from electrolytic tough pitch copper Cu-ETP USN C11000 .
– Thermocouple: A mineral-insulated, metal-sheathed fine-wire thermocouple with an insulated junction, is being used for measuring the temperature of the copper block.
|Working Voltage||220 V/50 Hz|
|Timing Device||9999 x 0.1 sec|
|Bunsen Burner||TS EN 60695-11-2 conforming to the requirements of the standard|
|Flame Power||1 kW|
|Burning Angle||Slope 45°|
|Gas Flow||160 ~ 1600 ml/min;|
|Air Flow||1.5 ~ 15 l/min|
|Dimensions||300 * 450 * 1200 mm|
|Temperature Thermocouple||φ 0.5 armor nickel-chrome/nickel aluminum wire K type thermocouple|
|Standard Compliance||TS IEC 60332|
What is Vertical Flame Spread Test?
The test device is designed in accordance with TS EN 60332 / IEC 60332 standards. It creates a flame with the combination of air and propane gas and applies the flame to the cable sample for a time determined according to the cable outer diameter.
Cables produced in TS EN 60332 Standards and passing this test are recommended for the following application areas:
- Shopping Malls
- Corporate Housing
- Cinema Halls
- Airport Terminal Buildings
- Metro and Highway Tunnels
What is the Purpose of Vertical Flame Spread Test?
The purpose of the vertical flame propagation test is to determine the flame resistance of the cable and to determine the number of particles falling during the test, the degree of formation of black smoke, and the propagation length of the flame as it rises towards the burning part of the cable.